Case Study 1: School Safety Technology

Directions: This link is to a short video hosted by Education Week/Video entitled, “5 Technology Trends to Watch This School Year”. The first thirty-six seconds cover School Safety. It lists several things school districts are putting into place in the name of safety. Watch those 36 seconds and discuss what the ramifications of putting those technology solutions into place might be for your students and your school.


Comments

  1. Hello! I must say that after reading your post, I am now worried I did not cover this case study close enough. I appreciate the amount of resources that you utilized. Also, I found the conclusion to be quite similar to what I found after doing this case study. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be enough research to adequately prove the value and merits of one prevention technique over the others; or of any prevention techniques period. As a future counselor, I believe our readings led me to believe that the problem is societal and would need to be addressed through mental health and disparities in socio-economic-status, as well as by restructuring systemic physical access to weapons. Thanks for this detailed case study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, these items could help, but like you mention, only for specific threats. Still, if it saved one student in one school, wouldn't it be worth it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment